Projects Accepting Donations
There are currently three main projects the Port is seeking donations on, they are:
- New fencing materials supporting a new Boots to Roots Veteran farming program starting March 2019.
- Redesigning the entryway to the Historic Coupeville Wharf – Estimate is TBD
- Rehabilitating the historic building on the Coupeville Wharf – Estimated to be done in phases, starting in 2020, over 3 years at an estimated cost of $2 Million.
Please know there are many needs to support both historic properties, so if you would like 100% of your donation to support another project, just call us!
Coupeville Wharf Pile & Cap Rehabilitation Project
We are in the beginning phase of the Coupeville Wharf Pile, Cap and stabilization rehabilitation project. The following has been completed:
- An updated cost structure was completed March 2019
- Engineering drawings for the permitting process was completed March 2019
- Doug Thompson of Thompson Environmental was hired July 12th to begin the permitting process
Funding – We submitted a Rural County Economic Development Grant through Island County for the full project cost, minus 10% matching, of approximately $972,180.00. The Port of Coupeville will be responsible for $97,218.00.
***UPDATED August 13, 2019*** We were just informed that the Island County Commissioners approved our grant to support Phase 1 of this epic project! More information to follow, but permitting has begun and the project is moving forward! A tremendous thank you to our Island County Commissioners and many community members who supported this process and grant application!
Project Management – Please click on the link below for a Gantt Chart or Timeline of major benchmarks for the project.
You can see the three (3) phase cost structure of the project here: Revised Engineer’s Cost Estimates
Though we are planning on a 2 to 3-year project timeline (2019 to 2021), it is quite possible for this project to take up to 5 years depending on permitting.
Want to do business with the Port?
The Port of Coupeville subscribes to MRSC Rosters, a shared online database for Small Works, Consultants, and Vendors. To be eligible to work on projects you are required to register (FREE) at www.mrscrosters.org and select the Port of Coupeville in your account. If you are already a member of MRSC Rosters please add the Port of Coupeville to your account.
For registration questions, please contact MRSC Rosters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-436-3798. If you have questions about Port of Coupeville projects please contact us at email@example.com or 360-222-3151.